Stockport Academy Sixth Form values enrichment and personal development. We believe that Sixth Form is an exciting time when students should be broadening their horizons and developing new skills. Our enrichment programme allows students to gain in experience as well as build their confidence and self-achievement. We also offer students the chance to gain in qualifications and work experience relevant to their University or job applications.
Our enrichment programme is vast. It covers 64 different activities and has a focus on careers and personal development. You will be spoilt for choice. Please see our gallery for photos of activities and events that have taken place.
What extra activities can I do at Stockport Academy Sixth Form?
· Sports – football, table tennis, golf, basketball, sports leadership awards
· Music – instrumental lessons
· University Trips – Cambridge, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham
· University residentials
· Trips – Iceland (Geography), Auschwitz (History)
· Dance – ballet, jazz, contemporary
· Self Defence
· Drama/College Productions
· Driving Test Theory
· Work Experience
· Pre-medicine 1-1 support
· Young Enterprise Event
· First Aid Training
· The Apprenticeship Academy
· Apprenticeship Talks from local Businesses (Barclays, Sky, Skills Solutions)
· Volunteer Police Cadets
· Pensioners' Christmas Party
· Christmas Hamper Drop
· Cooking Lessons
· Creative Science
· Forensic Psychology