- About Us
- Newsletter - April 2013
- Free Uniform for all Year 7 Students in 2013
- TechWizZ 2013
- Stargazing Evening - 6th February 2013
- Academy Students Meet Mayor
- Borough Care Homes Residents Party
- Stockport Academy - A Learning Community
- Nurture Group Crafts Evening
- Operation Christmas Child
- Children in Need 2012
- Harvest Collection for food bank
- The World’s Biggest Coffee Morning
- Summer School 2012
- Local Governing Body
- What's On
- Contact Us
Year 6 Transition
Hello, my name is Ms. Sumner and I am the Transition Co-ordinator and Head of Year 7 at Stockport Academy. I hope you have received our welcome pack giving you all the information you need to prepare you and your child for the exciting time ahead at Stockport Academy.
I am delighted to welcome you and your son/daughter to Stockport Academy. We are dedicated to supporting students and parents/carers with the move from Primary to Secondary School. At Stockport Academy, we know that this is an extremely important time in the life of your child and we understand that this move can be a little daunting or stressful.
It is important to us that your child feels ready for this transition and we want them to be prepared so that they:
- are able to develop new friendships and gain confidence
- settle happily into school life and quickly become used to their new routines
- engage fully with their education to achieve and make progress
- experience continuity and support as their curriculum changes
- immerse themselves into our extensive enrichment programme
As part of our commitment to ensuring that the transition process runs as smoothly as possible, and that continuity, support and progression is in place for all learners when transferring to Stockport Academy, support is on hand to answer any questions you have. As well as our comprehensive school website, there is a page dedicated to transition with the important information you need to know.
I look forward to meeting you all in the near future and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Transition Co-ordinator and Head of Year 7