Stockport Academy has achieved the Gold level of the Inspiring IAG Award, recognising the high quality of provision Stockport Academy offers for careers advice and guidance.
The Inspiring IAG Award helps schools and organisations to deliver and gain recognition for good quality careers education, information, advice and guidance.
The award includes a self-assessment, external assessments and validation. The process helps to identify areas for development as well as recognising good practice in the provision of CEIAG. Benefits of the award include:
- Assists quality assurance of CEIAG
- Provides a framework for meeting national guidance and legislation
- Raises the profile of CEIAG at all levels
- Supports continuous improvement
- Aids effective partnership working
- Improves the service offered to young people and can support better results and outcomes for them