What is CEIAG?
CEIAG (Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance) is designed to prepare students for life in modern Britain by providing the knowledge, understanding, confidence and skills that they need to make informed choices and plans for their future learning and career.
Stockport Academy is committed to providing good quality, impartial information, advice and guidance to every student throughout their school career. We ensure that students come in to contact with employers to encourage students to aspire, make good choices and understand what they need to do to reach and succeed in the careers to which they aspire to.
Our CEIAG programme provides activities appropriate to age and need; it aims to provide students with the best possible foundation on which to base not only their post-16 choices following Year 11, but also their options choices for GCSE subjects in Year 9.
Our CEIAG Lead is Mrs Thandi, who can be contacted via email here.
Click here to view our CEIAG Provider Access Policy Statement.
We aim to ensure that all our students:
- are supported to make effective choices about their future study and career options
- are provided with experiences which inspire and motivate them to achieve highly
- are prepared for the transition process to life beyond secondary school (further and higher education and the world of work)
- develop self-knowledge and confidence in making decisions and career choices which are suitable and ambitious for them
- develop an understanding of the world of work and how to respond to changes in today’s workplace
- develop research skills to seek out and utilise information, advice and guidance
- develop characteristics which support high achieving students in the curriculum and in careers such as: social skills, communication, resourcefulness, innovation and resilience
Click here to view our current programme of CEIAG activities